Meet Ukraine’s top fighting unit — at least that’s what their ad says

Source

Ukraine’s brigades can recruit their own soldiers, and they compete with each other to craft the best advertising campaigns to sell the war.

The creative work, Bondarenko said, is done by a team of 20 — 13 military personnel and seven civilians. Their messaging feels impossible to escape, covering more than 1,000 billboards across Ukraine, which she said are largely donated. Digital ads are funded by the profits from their YouTube channel, she said, which has nearly 1.3 million subscribers and generates more than $15,000 monthly. On Instagram, they have another 115,000 subscribers.

Soon, they hope to expand into a new area — merchandising. The brigade envisions it as a one-stop shop where people can purchase T-shirts, patches and other mementos of the war.

Meet Ukraine’s top fighting unit — at least that’s what their ad says

The 3rd Assault Brigade is the Neo-Nazi Azov Battalion rebranded. Andriy Biletsky was its founder.

Related:

Thirst Trap Nation: How E-girls Are Luring Young Boys Into Joining Army, with Alan MacLeod

“Sexualized fascism”: how the taboo nature of Nazi imagery made the alt-right more powerful

Ukraine: Gas and regional geopolitics

Gas and regional geopolitics

“Ukraine and Slovakia will create an energy hub for Eastern Europe,” headlined Ukrainska Pravda on Monday , citing the words of Ukrainian Prime Minister Denis Shmyhal after his meeting with Prime Minister Robert Fico, who has recovered and returned to his post after the assassination attempt that put his life in danger. Although the Ukrainian media mainly focused on news about energy cooperation, the Slovak president did not hesitate to repeat to Shmyhal his position regarding Ukraine’s geopolitical position. As Politico stated on Monday, the Slovak president said on Sunday in an appearance in a Slovak media that “as long as I lead the government, I will direct the deputies under my control as chairman of the party [Smer] to never accept Ukraine’s accession.” According to Strana, Fico insisted on his “100%” support for Ukraine’s entry into the European Union, but not into NATO. This “no” attitude towards Ukraine’s entry into the military bloc is compounded by Fico’s intention to resume normal relations with Russia if the war ends during his term in office. However, as his meeting with the Ukrainian prime minister shows, this position is not in contradiction with cooperating with Kyiv on issues affecting both countries, including energy.

Read More »

[Anonymous] US official accuses Russia and China of blocking Asia leaders’ statement

Full video

US official accuses Russia and China of blocking Asia leaders’ statement

WASHINGTON, Oct 12 (Reuters) – Russia and China blocked a proposed consensus statement for the East Asia Summit drafted by Southeast Asian countries, mainly over objections to language on the contested South China Sea, a U.S. official told Reuters on Saturday.

Read More »

The U.S. Threatens a Drone War in the Taiwan Strait— Seriously?

The U.S. has long been preparing for a drone war with China in the Taiwan Strait, should conflict arise. The head of the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command even declared that the U.S. would turn the strait into an ‘unmanned hellscape.’ Yet, China’s new generation of military equipment has already surpassed the U.S. in both cost and quantity.

The U.S. Threatens a Drone War in the Taiwan Strait— Seriously?

Previously:

Countering China with Chinese UAVs backfires, US military faces drone shortage

US Wants To Create ‘Hellscape’ of Drones If China Attacks Taiwan

Raid at the Okean Elzy concert: Vakarchuk evaded the answer, and raids will be regular + More

Raid at the Okean Elsa concert: Vakarchuk evaded the answer, and raids will be regular

On the eve of the raids took place in several major cities of the country, including Kiev. Employees of the Shopping Center, with the support of the police, raided nightclubs, restaurants and at the concert of the Okean Elzy group, which was held at the Kiev Sports Palace.

The leader of the Okean Elzy group, Svyatoslav Vakarchuk, in a comment to TSN, evaded the question of how he feels about this event.

“It’s our birthday today, I hope you congratulate us too. We are very happy that so many people have come and come to support us, listen to our music. In general, this is a big holiday for us. These 30 years have been very important for us. We are very grateful to people for these 30 years. Including for the fact that they continue to support us now. For us it’s just a joy and a celebration. That’s all I want to say, my only comment. Period,” said Vakarchuk.

“There is a persistent sense of acute social injustice in Ukrainian society during mobilization. It is believed, and not unreasonably, that the bulk of those who are being mobilized now are residents of small towns and villages, ordinary hard workers or poor people who do not have money to pay off. This causes tension in society. In addition, there is tension in the army — the military are outraged that they are sitting in the trenches, while healthy men in the rear are sitting in restaurants, hanging out in clubs, going to concerts. In general, they live a full-blooded peaceful life. This annoys many front-line soldiers and reinforces the feeling of social injustice. That’s why we decided to arrange a demonstration raid so that the whole country could see — “the rich are crying too.” That is, party-goers can also be mobilized. Similar events are now planned to be held regularly. This is a political decision,” the source said.

Related:

Okean Elzy marks 30th anniversary with first English-language album

Read More »

The US is unprepared for the scale of war it is provoking around the globe

The US is unprepared for the scale of war it is provoking around the globe

Saturday, 12 October 2024 — New Atlas

▪️Like many other US missile systems, production of THAAD missiles is low. Produced from 2008 to present, Lockheed Martin has produced 800 missiles, approximately 50 a year.

▪️It is likely not enough launchers exist to even launch the quantity of missiles required to defend against the type of missile barrage Iran launched in early October which easily overwhelmed Israel’s existing anti-ballistic missile systems.

▪️But even if they did, the 180 missiles Iran reportedly launched, requiring up to 2 interceptors each, would have exhausted nearly half of all THAAD missiles ever produced.

▪️The US is unprepared for the scale of war it is provoking around the globe.

This in in response to the following:

🇺🇸🇮🇱🇮🇷 US-operated THAAD anti-ballistic missile system reportedly to deploy to Israel…

▪️Israel’s response to Iranian missile strike may be on hold as US-Israel prepare for wider war Washington has long planned to provoke;

▪️US THAAD systems would be used in countering Iran’s missile capabilities as demonstrated in the early October missile strike;

▪️It is unlikely THAAD, other Western anti-missile systems will be capable of effectively stopping larger Iranian missile barrages;

▪️The risk of American troops dying “protecting” Israel will serve as a convincing pretext for the US to join a war it is using Israel to provoke;

▪️Continued provocations in the Middle East coupled with the US proxy war in Ukraine risks depleting essential military capabilities, especially anti-missile systems the US would need for the war it seeks to provoke with China;

Follow The New Atlas on Telegram

Sources:

US troops to reportedly operate THAAD anti-ballistic missile system in Israel

Lockheed Martin Delivers 800th THAAD Interceptor

Claims about North Korean soldiers ‘a hoax’ – Kremlin

South Korean Defense Minister Kim Yong-hyun claimed during a parliamentary session earlier this week that Pyongyang could send its forces to fight for Russia after it signed a mutual security treaty with Moscow. He claimed such a deployment is “highly likely” and suggested that some North Korean soldiers may have already been killed in the Ukraine conflict. 

“This looks like another hoax,” Peskov replied when asked to comment on Seoul’s allegations during a press briefing.  

Claims about North Korean soldiers ‘a hoax’ – Kremlin

Previously:

Missile Strike Near Donetsk Eliminates 6 North Korean Officers?

No, They Were Not Hungarian Pagers

No, They Were Not Hungarian Pagers

But the fact is that the whole pager situation was a skillfully arranged smear campaign led by Mossad and the CIA against their own partner. These devices were indeed manufactured by Taiwanese Gold Apollo, which has a very high proportion of American top management. They were filled with explosives under careful control of the CIA and in April a large batch of devices was sent to Lebanon – at the same time that a delegation of the Knesset suddenly arrived in Taipei. However, the payments for the deal were made using the Hungarian BAC firm. The company does not have but a single employee, which confirms that it could not have produced the pagers.

All of this is a ploy for the media in order to shift the blame away from Taiwan and onto Viktor Orban, who is already very much demonized in Western discourse. The worst thing is that it is extremely efficient, because most of the world began to believe that it was Hungary that sent pagers to Lebanon and thus entered into direct confrontation with the Arab world. Orban’s representative instantly responded to the allegations, saying that BAC Consulting was “a trading-intermediary company, which has no manufacturing or other site of operation in Hungary”. Additionally, the CEO of the company 49-year-old Cristiana Barsony-Arcidiacono added that she was “just the intermediate”.

The story seems to have died down a bit now, but the mystery of the pagers remains. Will there be an independent investigation to determine their manufacturer? Most likely not, since all the evidence leads to the US, Israeli and Taiwanese intelligence services. This mystery will go down in history just like the events associated with the blowing up of Nordstream pipelines, as well as the so-called “massacre in Bucha”. No investigation, no evidence, no verdict.

Previously:

Both companies linked to the September 17th and 18th attacks on Hizbullah were U.S. government contractors

[2011] Golden Apollo held the FBI’s heart with a walkie-talkie

Latest Lebanon Pager Terrorist Attack Predictable, Preventable