US backed ethnic cleansing of Serbs, top diplomat secretly told Croat leader

The ethnic cleansing of hundreds of thousands of Serbs by a US-backed Croatian leader was premeditated, according to newly-uncovered files revealing the operation’s planning. After the bloodshed subsided, Richard Holbrooke, a top US diplomat, assured him: “We said publicly… that we were concerned

US backed ethnic cleansing of Serbs, top diplomat secretly told Croat leader

Related:

Breakup of Yugoslavia

Ukraine: The Dystopia of War

The dystopia of war (La distopía de la guerra)

On Monday, Le Monde reported on one of Ukraine’s flagship construction projects, very much in line with the limited possibilities for reconstruction under wartime conditions and the needs of the moment: a large military cemetery. According to the French outlet, the site will have a bunker to protect against possible bombing—although the dead have not been a specific target of Russian troops, as they have been of Israeli troops in Gaza—places to pay tribute to fallen warriors, and more space to bury soldiers now that existing cemeteries are overflowing. Without even minimally realistic data on casualties in either army, the warnings from sympathetic journalists are indicative when they state, as one Ukrainian blogger recently did, that “currently, the Ukrainian Armed Forces lack infantry. Completely. The infantry has fled, is in the hospital, or in the cemetery.” The growth of cemeteries is undoubtedly another important indicator. According to Le Monde , the new facilities will initially house graves, although the number could reach 130,000 or 160,000 in the future, indicating the current very high level of casualties and the possibility that such losses will continue in the future.

Read More »

Just how much damage did Ukraine do in its ‘Spiderweb’ drone attack on Russia?

Just how much damage did Ukraine do in its ‘Spiderweb’ drone attack on Russia?

With the help of military experts, NBC News has analyzed satellite images taken by independent companies such as Planet Labs and Maxar, and determined that at least 10 planes were destroyed.

That concurs with an assessment by NATO.

The Western alliance agrees with Ukraine that around 40 aircraft were damaged, but says that only “10 to 13 aircraft were completely destroyed,” according to a senior NATO official, speaking on condition of anonymity to journalists at the margins of a Thursday meeting of defense ministers in Brussels.

Previously:

Ukraine uses AI drones to target Russian bombers

Germany’s Missile Range Decision: A Perilous Step Towards Global Conflict

Berlin, 26 May 2025 – In a chilling act of imperial hubris, German Chancellor Friedrich Merz has declared that Germany, in lockstep with its NATO overlords, has unshackled the range restrictions on missiles supplied to Ukraine, greenlighting strikes deep into Russia’s heart. This brazen escalation, announced today, is no mere policy shift; it is a deliberate provocation, a reckless lunge towards a global conflagration that could sear humanity’s future. The West, cloaked in the sanctimonious rhetoric of “defending Ukraine,” is goading Russia into a corner, gambling with the lives of millions in a game of geopolitical brinkmanship.

Germany’s Missile Range Decision: A Perilous Step Towards Global Conflict